Affine texture

icavina

Nov 29, 2010, 5:44:54 PM11/29/10
to pre3d
Hello!
First of all I want to say that I'm 100% newbie regarding 3d math and
the like.
Just tried your library to apply texture to a cube, to find that my
code suffers from what is described here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texture_mapping
As "affine" texture mapping.

Would like to know if there is some way aorund that using your library
or if it's likely that I will have that problem (meaning that to fix
it I would have to implement what the wiki entry calls: "Perspective
correct texturing" -which seems to be somewhat tricky.)

Besides that, your library really rocks!

Thanks for doing it!

Best Regards,
Ignacio

Dean

Nov 30, 2010, 4:03:02 PM11/30/10
to pr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ignacio,

Great question. Since pre3d draws with <canvas>, which is a 2d
library, you're not going to be able to directly do something like
perspective correct texturing.

You should check out the research by Thatcher Ulrich on the topic:

http://tulrich.com/geekstuff/canvas/perspective.html

Sorry I couldn't have given you an easy solution.

-- dean