Another article on Emaniel and school funding

1 view

solitarysherlockian

Nov 28, 2013, 5:24:48 PM11/28/13
to prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com
http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/mayor-finds-millions-for-lincoln-elementary-expansion/Content?oid=11666586
Somehow the Richie Rich's get school funding, while the rest of the city is left with coal.

MARK KIERAS

Nov 29, 2013, 12:20:51 PM11/29/13
to solitarysherlockian, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not as opposed to Lincoln Park receiving more money in proportion to other areas of the city.  Lincoln Park property owners contribute much more per capita than other parts of the city. For the same reason I think the South Loop should be given a neighborhood school. We contribute a significant amounts of money through property taxes which end up in TIF funds comparable to other areas in the city. More money proportionally should be spend on higher taxing bodies IMO.

I absolutely support focusing on education and allocating more money overall but clearly the school system has not been managed well and there is a problem with the unions and their rules which needs addressing.

Somehow the Richie Rich's get school funding, while the rest of the city is left with coal.

Eric Westberg

Dec 17, 2013, 3:50:18 PM12/17/13
to MARK KIERAS, solitarysherlockian, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com, Bill Van Emburg
Keep your eyes open for deliveries...we have had three boxes stolen from in front of our home in the past week.  Our postal employee asked us about two deliveries that we never got.  Another one was actually opened and they left the empty box.

Candace Drimmer

Dec 17, 2013, 4:13:59 PM12/17/13
to Eric Westberg, MARK KIERAS, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com, Bill Van Emburg
I encourage my neighbors (we're at 1802 ) to let other neighbors about to take in your packages. I see or hear the UPS esp. (those trucks have a unique motor) and I do this when okayed.
--
In the 1950s when Winston Churchill learned that a man of his party had been caught with a guardsman in the bushes of the park and that it was about to go viral via the newspapers.
"Last night?" asked the PM.

Follow me on Twitter @sherlockianone

MARK KIERAS

Dec 17, 2013, 4:27:44 PM12/17/13
to Eric Westberg, solitarysherlockian, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com, Bill Van Emburg
This clearly seems to be more prevalent this year than in the past. Our townhome development has had a few packages taken from the front patio/gate areas as well. Primarily, this has been reported on the 1700 block of south Prairie Ave but we've alerted all our residents.