Fw: Van break-in 2/19/15

MARK KIERAS

Feb 20, 2015, 12:46:52 PM2/20/15
to Prairie District Neighborhood Watch
FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jill Syftestad <jill_sy...@hotmail.com>
To: Mark Kieras <kiera...@sbcglobal.net>; Paul Syftestad <paulsy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 10:53 AM
Subject: Van break-in 2/19/15

Hello,

At approximately 4:00p.m. on Thursday, 2/19/15, a van parked behind 1810 S. Calumet Parkway was broken into. The owner of the van is a contractor who was working in our unit. He heard a loud noise and went out the garage to see what what going on. He observed 2 black men in their late 40's stealing tools from his van. They men proceeded to jump in their vehicle and drive backwards south through the alley. Thankfully, there were no pedestrians or the situation could have been much worse. The car is described as burgundy Chevrolet truck.

The contractor filed a police report and contacted alderman's office. The owners did the same. Please keep a look out for suspicious people and don't hesitate to contact 911 if you see anything suspicious.

Jill & Paul Syftestad

Bruce Mendes

Feb 20, 2015, 1:37:33 PM2/20/15
to MARK KIERAS, Prairie District Neighborhood Watch
Mark, thanks for the heads up. There was also an incident of an arrest behind the high rise on Prairie a couple days ago. I don't have the details, if anybody does, please let us all know.
Bruce Mendes

Sent from my iPhone