Battle of Fort Dearborn Lights Out

1 view

MARK KIERAS

Dec 20, 2013, 12:48:37 PM12/20/13
to prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fellow Neighbors,

I typically call the Park District when more than one light usually 2 of 4 lights are out in the Battle of Fort Dearborn  park located at 18th and Calumet. Its a small park that only has 4 dimmed light poles and there is only one street light pole on that side of the street. They're usually pretty good about fixing them since I stress its a safety issue and hate to have somebody attacked (mugged or raped) in the back of the park where it's darker.

Unfortunately, I've called twice in 3 weeks yet its still not being addressed. I guess its not true one person can make a difference. If you too are concerned I'd appreciate if you can call the Park District and or both Alderman that seem to be servicing the 2nd Ward now. Thanks in advance.

Park District(Central Office)

Alderman Fioretti

Alderman Dowell

Mark

Gary Drimmer

Dec 21, 2013, 6:03:39 PM12/21/13
to MARK KIERAS, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com
Just looked and there are 4-5 lights out. Only one is on. I called 311 and they will report to Park District....maybe...

MARK KIERAS

Dec 21, 2013, 9:33:10 PM12/21/13
to prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com, Gary Drimmer

Thanks