Fwd: Community Alert

Bill Van Emburg

Nov 14, 2014, 4:49:40 PM11/14/14
to prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com
The CAPS office forwarded the attached alert about an increase in street
robberies in October. Apparently, people are being approached on the
street and their valuables are being taken.

Be aware, and be safe!

-Bill Van Emburg

610-14-238 CA- Robbery Alert.doc

MARK KIERAS

Nov 14, 2014, 5:55:35 PM11/14/14
to Bill Van Emburg, prairie-district-...@googlegroups.com, CAPS 001District, pdna.c...@gmail.com, William Tyre
Bill,

Thanks for the alert.

As an additionally note, I recently forwarded a photo of graffiti near 18th and Prairie/Calumet to CAPS. I wanted to see whether it was gangs, artistic expression or related to the Rugby game that weekend. Unfortunately, haven't heard anything as of yet.

I know we live in a big city but increased robberies and potentially gang tagging in the neighborhood isn't very encouraging. Wonder what the police are doing to combat this increased crime activity?

Mark