Why God?

tashit...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2019, 3:25:50 AM2/25/19
to Pragmatic Wisdom
Originally Answered: Why do people believe in God?

Davesh Bhat.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown” ― H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature
Fear is a universal emotion shared by all living beings. Perhaps it is far more pervasive in human beings because of the mind's capacity to imagine things in relation to fear. Every emotion has its origin in thoughts. If there were no thoughts, there would not be any fear. Fear is always relative; it does not exist by itself. We are afraid of something real or imaginary. If only we understand the true nature of fear, we would realize that the fear is of our own making; what is made can always be unmade.
From a psychological perspective there is a mutual affinity between fear and darkness. Darkness implies ignorance in the sense that we cannot see anything, so we do not know what lies in there. This is perhaps the reason for a very widespread use of the phrase "fear of the unknown.
I think that fear of unknown created God,

 Imagine a society that don’t have God living in the woods with full wildness, capable to h a folk of elephant, but one day leader died due to the mosquito bite now by simple reasoning the mosquito is not capable to kill het mighty person there must be some other power: like “Moon”
when it dark moon appears and bring Fate every day change his shape and some time disappear means ideal condition for creation of God( go through all old civilization Moon,get special attention in old Chinese, Mesopotamian, Inka, Maya, Mohan Jo Daro, Indian every civilization have moon in common, then Snakes: Look carefully  this tiny creature the movement of his body, his killing instinct and variety of colours in it make him special now major religion Christianity (knowledge tree incident) Hinduism, Islam, Egyptian, Buddhism, all have snakes  in common.
 If you go through the same pattern of all old civilization all have so many common things to define God. God at best only play a supportive role in one's personal path to salvation. Conceptions of God in the latter developments of the Mahayana tradition give a more prominent place to notions of the divine.
Albert Einstein stated “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”  The many different conceptions of God, and competing claims as to God's characteristics, aims, and actions, have led to the development of ideas of omnitheism, pandeism or a perennial philosophy, which postulates that there is one underlying theological truth, of which all religions express a partial understanding, and as to which "the devout in the various great world religions are in fact worshiping that one God, but through different, overlapping concepts or mental images of him.