Very fast linear data structure for F#

Jack Fox

Apr 2, 2013, 11:37:46 PM4/2/13
to pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
http://jackfoxy.com/the-fastest-functional-data-structures-come-to-fsharp

Also an improved Vector, a new versatile linear data structure, and more.

Anton Tayanovskyy

Apr 3, 2013, 7:30:54 AM4/3/13
to Jack Fox, pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com
When I was reading through the previous work on "Vector" structure I was actually wondering why the FlatList was not there. I have an implementation of it I frequently use in my code - basically an array with some typechecked guarantees of immutability.  It baffles me why it is not part of the standard library. In SML it is - http://www.standardml.org/Basis/vector.html

As a variation on FlatList, also consider an immutable vector range structure (array * int * int). This allows for fast subrange operator and shared structure - pretty useful in some applications.

Thanks,

Anton

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Jack Fox <jack...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://jackfoxy.com/the-fastest-functional-data-structures-come-to-fsharp

Also an improved Vector, a new versatile linear data structure, and more.

Kind Regards,
Anton Tayanovskyy

WebSharper™ - type-safe JavaScript in F#
http://intellifactory.com

Jack Fox

Apr 3, 2013, 1:27:11 PM4/3/13
to Anton Tayanovskyy, pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com

Good to know, Anton. Thanks!

Would it be possible for you to wire-up some of your existing code to Experimental .FlatList? It would be helpful if some people other than myself beta tested for a while before I promote it to FSharpx.Collections.

Any feedback is helpful: documentation bugs / enhancements, more module let bindings, etc.

Jack

Anton Tayanovskyy

Apr 3, 2013, 1:42:41 PM4/3/13
to Jack Fox, pragmatic-functional...@googlegroups.com