Device #22 is not programmed

Ruth Schulz

Aug 7, 2018, 2:54:48 AM8/7/18
to PR2_Users

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice about what to do for our PR2.

Specifically, whether we can keep on doing a work-around for our problem indefinitely, or whether we probably need to look at getting replacement parts.

And if we need replacement parts, where we can get them from?

Over the past 12 months or so, we have had problems with our PR2.

Sometimes starting up the motor controller doesn't work and there is a specific error about "Device #22 is not programmed" in the PR2 dashboard.

See also the attached error message.

We have been using the following work-around:

On the PR2, run the following:

roscd ethercat_hardware

sudo ./motorconf -i ecat0

If you see the following warning:

"WARNING: Device #22 (680500503684) is not programmed"

then run the following command:

sudo ./motorconf -i ecat0 -n l_wrist_l_motor -d 22 -p

Now you should be able to do "robot start" to bring the controllers back up.

We are wondering whether we can continue to run this command when there is a problem, or if we need to replace the EEPROM causing the problem or the whole motor controller board.

Does anyone have any advice?

Kind regards,

Ruth

--

Dr Ruth Schulz

Uni Stuttgart

Universitätsstraße 38

70569 Stuttgart, Germany

+49 711 685 88350

www.ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de/abteilungen/mlr/abteilung/mitarbeiter/Ruth.Schulz

www.ruthschulz.com

error_message.txt

Sam Pfeiffer

Aug 7, 2018, 7:08:39 PM8/7/18
to PR2_Users
Hello,

If that command works for you, keep using it. That board is probably failing (as you mention the EEPROM) but meanwhile it works... There is not much more to be done AFAIK. You could even add that command to your boot process so you don't need to deal with it manually.

You could also try to reach your person of contact in Clearpath to ask if they have replacements by any chance.

Good luck!