powerboard not responding

Gustavo Goretkin

Dec 5, 2017, 1:59:08 PM12/5/17
to PR2_Users
Our dashboard shows that the information from the powerboard is stale:

I believe the powerboard communicates with the computers via the IP network on 10.68.0.50, This address isn't responding to pings and only one of the two LEDs on the powerboard port of  the ethernet switch are lighting up.

Does the powerboard typically respond to pings?

Thanks,
Gustavo
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Gustavo Goretkin

Dec 5, 2017, 2:31:54 PM12/5/17
to PR2_Users

The powerboard LEDs are illuminated as shown in the picture, in case that's informative.

IMG_7010.JPG

Matthieu Herrb

Dec 6, 2017, 3:37:07 AM12/6/17
to Gustavo Goretkin, PR2_Users
On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 10:59:07AM -0800, Gustavo Goretkin wrote:
> Our dashboard shows that the information from the powerboard is stale:
>

> I believe the powerboard communicates with the computers via the IP network
> on 10.68.0.50, This address isn't responding to pings and only one of the
> two LEDs on the powerboard port of the ethernet switch are lighting up.
>
> Does the powerboard typically respond to pings?

Hi,

no it doesn't respond to ping only to arp requests.

/usr/share/pr2-systemcheck/all/checkpowerboard.sh does the following
test:

ping -c1 -W1 10.68.0.50 > /dev/null

arp 10.68.0.50 | tail -n1 | grep -v "(incomplete)"

and returns an error if no MAC address is found.

Hope this helps,

--
Matthieu Herrb
CNRS-LAAS

Gustavo Goretkin

Dec 6, 2017, 8:23:53 AM12/6/17
to Matthieu Herrb, PR2_Users
Thanks, that does help.

It `arp` did return a MAC address, so it seems the powerboard is at least that alive.

I ran pr2_power_board test_power.py and I see

goretkin@pr2mm1:/opt/ros/indigo/lib/pr2_power_board$ ./test_power.py
the rosdep view is empty: call 'sudo rosdep init' and 'rosdep update'
1000: Requesting 1 to start
    Response:  retval: 0
Current State: 1
Current State: 1
Current State: 1
FAIL: Test circuit did not turn ON
FAIL: The other circuit is not ON
999: Requesting 1 to stop
    Response:  retval: 0
Current State: 1
Current State: 1
Current State: 1

Are there any other debugging steps I can take?