Summing up the WG to CpR transition

Erwan Renaudo

Nov 7, 2014, 7:12:32 AM11/7/14
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

Close to 1 year after the announcement of Clearpath Robotics as maintainer for the PR2, I am a bit confused on what as changed, what is transparent for users, what are the relevant means of interacting with the community and where to search for up-to-date documentation. I'm following mails and news about that, but it's still not clear. So, can someone sum up what are the current state of the following items, or the equivalent if relevant. Feel free to add any information I may have forgot about foregoing points :

- pr2-users mailing list (I guess this google group may be part of the answer)
- pr2-admins mailing list
- aptproxy.willowgarage.com : I read on a thread in this group that we just need to comment the corresponding lines in /etc/apt/sources.list, is there any replacement to do ?
- pr2support.willowgarage.com
- official communication on pr2 and related software (e.g. ROS distro releases)

Thank you !

Erwan Renaudo

Ilia Baranov

Nov 7, 2014, 11:07:05 AM11/7/14
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Good question, we have been releasing updates periodically, but we can sum it all up here:

- PR2-users and admins mailing list has been replaced with this Google group. The reasons being it is far easier to manage/setup and run. If people feel the need to have a seperate admin group, we could certainly create one.
-  The aptproxy servers are disabled and were a mirror of the ubuntu packages, and are no longer needed.
- pr2support is now hosted here: http://pr2s.clearpathrobotics.com/wiki/
We have transitioned all of the maintenance data, and support is being continued through the usual Zendesk account (minus the interruption this week). Unfortunately with the way Willow was hosting their own servers, some of the parts of the transitioned site contain broken links. We have tried to ensure all needed data is accessible, but if something is missing, please send us a note.
- Official communications will always be done through our newsletters, and answers here/on Zendesk.
We are just getting ready to start testing our Hydro release to willing test partners (not fully stable yet)

Does that answer all your questions?

Erwan Renaudo

Nov 12, 2014, 7:11:50 AM11/12/14
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ilia and Devon for your informations ! It is now much clearer for me.