PR2 periodical maintenance?

Sebastian Rockel

Jul 1, 2015, 4:24:35 AM7/1/15
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

our "Trixi" PR2 is now 5 years in use at our Hamburg lab. I wonder if there should be maintenance actions we/Clearpath should provide besides replacing broken parts?

Thanks, Sebastian

Bryce Vondervoort

Jul 7, 2015, 4:11:11 PM7/7/15
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com, sebasti...@gmail.com
Hey Sebastian

In the past we have had customers send back their PR2s for different types of refurbs, we'd disassemble and rebuild components then repeatedly test them to, in advance, identify parts nearing failure.
This is definitely something we can offer to you, it takes a few weeks but your PR2 would be taken down to the smallest component and inspected.

Off the bat I would suggest inspecting the fan at the rear of the robot and replace that, check your dashboard and tend to any Warnings or Errors related to physical components.
Regards!
Bryce Vondervoort

Sebastian Rockel

Jul 9, 2015, 8:32:24 AM7/9/15
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com, sebasti...@gmail.com
Hi Bryce,

thanks for getting back with this.
The CP offer sounds interesting, of course it depends on the costs. Do you have a price tag or should we proceed with a support ticket at CP? Also sending the PR2 two times transatlantic will most likely not so cheap. Regarding the time frame: would it be possible to handle maintenance and (re-) sending within four weeks?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Ilia Baranov

Jul 9, 2015, 11:11:06 AM7/9/15
to Sebastian Rockel, pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Four weeks would be tight, as it would mean putting the refurb as the highest priority over all other PR2 projects (other than critical support).

This could be done, but would be expensive.

I might suggest combining this with the Indigo server upgrade kit, so computing hardware is upgraded as well.

Ilia Baranov | Senior Electrical Designer | Clearpath Robotics, Inc.

1425 Strasburg Rd., Kitchener, Ontario N2R 1H2 Canada
T:  +1 (800) 301-3863 x839 | F: +1 (888) 374-0091

E: ibar...@clearpathrobotics.com | W: www.clearpathrobotics.com

Your Unmanned Experts TM

This electronic communication (including any attachments) is CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you.