How to join this ML

k-okada

Sep 25, 2020, 3:47:06 AM9/25/20
to PR2_Users
Hi

Sorry for the non-technical question.
One of my students willing to join this ML to get maintenance information of PR2 robot.
Does someone know how to join this Google Group?

When we access
we get #418 "You Do Not Have Permission" error

Do we need to change settings?
Could someone ask Martin Cote, the owner of this ML, to fix this?

Michael Görner

Sep 25, 2020, 6:16:20 AM9/25/20
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kei,

I believe nobody joined this list in a long time and as you know there
has not been a single mail over the last year (I take that as a good
sign to mean all robots work well and people manage to fix issues on
their own ;)).

> Do we need to change settings?
> https://support.google.com/a/thread/7309984?hl=en
> Could someone ask Martin Cote, the owner of this ML, to fix this?

Indeed, it would be great if he could open the list
(assuming anyone can reach him)! Clearpath does not provide
any kind of support for years already and having the list closed
hinders community support.

I would still like to have a central wiki and an open mailing list for
all current PR2 users, but someone has to set this up, so that people
can add content! I believe multiple groups have collected a lot of
insights into what replacement parts to get where and how to fix&analyse
known issues, documented internals that are hard to find in other
online resources, et cetera. Even the mail threads in this mailing list
clearly provide only a fraction of this information and it's frustrating
that knowledge is not readily available to anyone who wants to work
with a PR2 these days.

Michael / v4hn
--
Michael 'v4hn' Görner, M.Sc. Cognitive Science, PhD Student
Universität Hamburg

Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30
D-22527 Hamburg

Room: F-315
Phone: +49 40 42883-2432
Website: https://tams.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/goerner/

Martin Cote

Sep 25, 2020, 7:44:41 AM9/25/20
to PR2_Users
You're absolutely right, I believe I've just opened up this mailing list to to everyone :)