Remaining PR2 Components Inventory

Martin Cote

Nov 1, 2022, 11:42:25 AM11/1/22
to PR2_Users
Hey Everyone!

Martin from Clearpath Robotics here, it's been a while, but I hope everyone is still getting on well!

We've recently discovered some leftover components from the time we were supporting PR2, including casters, grippers, battery module frames, and other smaller components, and we're now looking to pass on this remaining inventory to someone in the PR2 community.

Unfortunately we can no longer support or guarantee these parts are still functional , but I do recall many of the assemblies were configured, tested, and packed prior to shutting down our PR2 support program. Everything we have is packed onto 1 skid, and we're looking to send the full contents together.

If you're interested in these parts, please reach out to me directly at mc...@clearpathrobitcs.com to arrange the details. We're looking for someone who is able to arrange the shipment and pickup from our facility, and ideally a still active member of the community, that would consider redistributing these parts as required.

Best Regards,
Martin

Shingo Kitagawa

Nov 15, 2022, 12:32:09 PM11/15/22
to Martin Cote, PR2_Users
Dear PR2 users,

Hi, I'm Shingo Kitagawa at the University of Tokyo, JSK lab.
Our lab received the inventory from Clearpath Robotics and will keep them in our lab.
The inventory includes motor controller boards, finger tips, grippers and so on.

If you want some items, please let us know.
We didn't use the inventory item yet, and I want to discuss how to share the items.
My idea is that we will send you items if you really need them and you can pay the shipment cost.
Of course, our lab needs some parts to repair our PR2s, but we try not to use too much.

There are several rare items, and I want to share them with who really wants them.
For the caster, the common malfunction is the slip ring, and we can replace them.
For the MCB, the common malfunction is the ethernet cables and the connectors.
For the battery board, the common malfunction is the ground connector.
We recommend you to check these common malfunctions reported in this mailing list first.

Mechanical parts:
Finger tip: 53
FInger?: 3
Gripper: 5
Wrist: 1
Forearm: 1
Upper arm: 1
Caster:5
Head: 1
Battery unit: 3
RUN STOP: 3

Electrics:
Motor controller board (MCB): 60
Gripper MCB: 3
Ethercat Hub: 1
Power board circuit for computer: 6

Computers:
Head computer?: 2
Quadro GPU: 1

--
Shingo Kitagawa
the University of Tokyo, JSK Lab

Michael Görner

Nov 16, 2022, 3:47:45 AM11/16/22
to pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for organizing this effort!
And thanks a lot to Clearpath for giving away the parts just like that!

Best,

Michael

--
Michael 'v4hn' Görner, M.Sc. Cognitive Science, Research Associate
Universität Hamburg

Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30
D-22527 Hamburg

Room: F-315
Phone: +49 40 42883-2432
Website: https://tams.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/goerner/

Naoaki Kanazawa

Sep 20, 2023, 7:09:14 AM9/20/23
to Michael Görner, pr2_...@googlegroups.com
Dear PR2 users,

Hi, I'm Naoaki Kanazawa at the University of Tokyo, JSK lab.
We are pleased to announce that we have received a new upper arm component from Clearpath Robotics.
Our lab will continue to manage the following inventory.

Mechanical parts:
Finger tip: 53
FInger?: 3
Gripper: 5