PPW 2015 - Saturday News

Dan Wright

Oct 9, 2015, 11:02:22 PM10/9/15
to Pittsburgh Perl Workshop Announce
Welcome to day 2 of PPW!

Thanks to everybody that attended the Friday night mixer.   It was a great time.

All talks today and tomorrow will be held in the Harrisburg room (not Pittsburgh, as previously posted in the schedule).    As you are exiting the elevators, make a right and walk up the ramp.    Once you come around the corner, you should see the registration area.

Registration will begin at 9:00.    Breakfast will also be served at that time.    Talks begin at 10:00.

Our lunch / sponsor expo will start at 12:00 and last until 2:00.    Please take some time to visit with our sponsors and thank them for all of their support!   Also please be sure to stop by the registration desk for your food vouchers, which may be used to purchase lunch at the Grille.

We will also be offering Perl patches for sale at $50 each.   One patch equals one hour of work on either Perl 5, or Perl 6 (your choice).     So, you give us a patch, and we'll give you a patch.

Tonight's social event, sponsored by LiquidWeb will be held at the Hard Rock Cafe on the South Side.    Please meet in the lobby at 6:40.   We will be riding the T across the river to the Station Square exit.    There will be a $2.50 fare each way of travel.   Exact change is required.    We will be able to make change for you at the registration desk.    Space is limited.    Please let Dan know if you are either not coming, or need to bring a guest.

Parking Note:   If you are staying and also parking in the hotel overnight, the hotel will be discounting the price of parking automatically by $5 from the standard rate.     If you are not staying overnight, but still parking at the hotel, please see the registration desk for a coupon that you may use to discount your parking fee on exit.     The hotel will not be charging a late departure fee for any overnight guests that leave their vehicles in the parking lot until the end of PPW on Sunday.