Just one week until “From Zero to Perl”

Dan Wright

Oct 31, 2014, 10:32:56 AM10/31/14
to ppw-an...@googlegroups.com

Calling All Perl Beginners

On Friday, November 7th, The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop and Infinity Interactive will present “From Zero to Perl”, a one-day intensive training course designed for people with programming experience to get up to speed with using Perl.   After completing this course, you'll be ready to start writing your own Perl programs and you'll be perfectly positioned to enjoy the rest of PPW, even if this is your first exposure to Perl.

Register Now

Although participation in this class is completely free for those that are attending PPW*, space in the class is limited.    Additionally, because we will be providing handouts and refreshments through the day, we need to know how many people to expect.     If you would like to attend “From Zero to Perl”, please register by Tuesday, November 4th here:

    http://pghpw.org/ppw2014/purchase

On The Day Of The Event

From Zero to Perl will be held at the Pittsburgh Downtown Doubletree Hotel and Suites.   When you arrive, please go to the Erie conference room, located on the lobby floor.   Please try to arrive by 9:30 so that we can get your registered and ready to go.    Instruction will begin promptly at 10:00.

Students should bring a laptop, ideally with Perl and a programmer's text editor (such as Vim, Emacs, Sublime Text, Notepad 2, etc.) already installed. Be prepared for an intense day of hands on learning!

Although we will be providing refreshments during the day, we will not be providing breakfast or lunch.    We will provide a one-hour break for lunch.    There are several local eating options, including a restaurant in the hotel.

For More Information

About the class:

    http://pghpw.org/ppw2014/zerotoperl.html

Schedule:

    http://pghpw.org/ppw2014/schedule?day=2014-11-07

* - If you do not have a weekend pass to attend PPW, a $75 fee will apply for taking From Zero to Perl