Re: [ PPLUG ] Digest for pplug@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Paul Harper

Nov 7, 2019, 2:56:18 AM11/7/19
to pplug digest subscribers
Hi Fred,

It's still open source. So all good.

Suggest raising a Issue report on the developer website:

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 22:07, <pp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Frederic Muller <fr...@beijinglug.org>: Nov 06 06:09PM +0700

Hi!

Using mPDF to automatically save a php generated page into PDF I am
struggling getting Khmer characters out.

The Khmer display in the web application is fine, no issue there. When
trying to identify which fonts are being used I get this:
-apple-system, system-ui, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto,
"Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif

Now when trying to use mPDF for this same address I get various
unsatisfying results:
1. Fonts apparently need to be self hosted in a dedicated folder, making
a Google Fonts css call doesn't seem to work
2. Using KhmerOs fonts is the only way I'm getting some Khmer characters
so far. Unfortunately I am also getting empty squares between some of
the khmer letters while I should get nothing. No letter seems to be
missing though
3. Using all other fonts (I'm thinking of Noto Sans but tried Bayon and
others) I only get squares and no Khmer letters at all.
4. And since this is used for the name+address fields in fact I have
some Latin alphabet and Khmer alphabet combined. I haven't managed to
find a font which could display both at the same time. It seems I need
two div with 2 different font specifications.

This is not very Linux oriented but it'd be nice if someone had some
idea or directions.

Thank you very much.

Fred

Regards,

Paul

about.me/pauljamesharper

GnuPG Fingerprint: B3C2 6A80 BB3E 8D4D 126E  4FBE 5F62 4195 17D3 CB75

“Wisdom consists in being able to distinguish among dangers and make a choice of the least harmful.” — Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

“The user’s going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.” — Bruce Schneier