Propose a workshop- Get your OwnCloud

Senghong Soeng

May 9, 2016, 10:08:28 PM5/9/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com, Leap Sok, Sirko Kemter
Hi,

Good morning, my name is Senghong. I would like to provide a workshop for the upcoming PPLUG meetup for OwnCloud.

OwnCloud is a suite of client-server software for creating file hosting services and using them. OwnCloud is functionally very similar to the widely used Dropbox, with the primary functional difference being that OwnCloud is free and open-source, and thereby allowing anyone to install and operate it without charge on a private server. Its openness eschews enforced quotas on storage space or the number of connected clients, instead having hard limits defined by the physical capabilities of the server. The talk shows what OwnCloud can do for you and how to install and use it.

Best Regards,

Senghong

--

Senghong SOENG
Server Administrator

System Experts

m: (855) 88 75 75 883
aPPIU Building, 11th floor,
Building 36, St. 169,
Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Soung Chornay

May 10, 2016, 12:13:08 AM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. That sounds so interesting. But When will the workshop be, please?

Thanks
Post a message: pp...@googlegroups.com

S.Kemter

May 10, 2016, 12:17:17 AM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think Senghong proposed to be the next speaker at the monthly PPLUG meeting, the next meeting should be the 7th of June (first Tuesday of the month). But its not a workshop its a talk ;)

br gnokii
--
make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)

Frederic Muller

May 10, 2016, 12:23:15 AM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Thank you for the clarification ;-)

OwnCloud seems like a great piece of software. Can we do it in 30
minutes this time?

Thank you.

Fred

On 05/10/2016 11:17 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think Senghong proposed to be the next speaker at the monthly PPLUG
> meeting, the next meeting should be the 7th of June (first Tuesday of
> the month). But its not a workshop its a talk ;)
>
> br gnokii

> <mailto:soung....@gmail.com>>:
>
> Good morning. That sounds so interesting. But When will the workshop
> be, please?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tuesday, 10 May 2016, Senghong Soeng <seng...@systemexperts.asia
> <mailto:seng...@systemexperts.asia>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Good morning, my name is Senghong. I would like to provide a
> workshop for the upcoming PPLUG meetup for OwnCloud.
>
> OwnCloud is a suite of client-server software for creating file
> hosting services and using them. OwnCloud is functionally very
> similar to the widely used Dropbox, with the primary functional
> difference being that OwnCloud is free and open-source, and
> thereby allowing anyone to install and operate it without charge
> on a private server. Its openness eschews enforced quotas on
> storage space or the number of connected clients, instead having
> hard limits defined by the physical capabilities of the
> server. The talk shows what OwnCloud can do for you and how to
> install and use it.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Senghong
>
> --
> *
> *Senghong SOENG
> Server Administrator
>
> *System Experts
> *
>
> *m:* (855) 88 75 75 883
> *w*: www.systemexperts.asia <http://www.systemexperts.asia>
> *a*: PPIU Building, 11th floor,
> Building 36, St. 169,
> Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara,
> Phnom Penh, Cambodia
>
> --
> --
> Post a message: pp...@googlegroups.com
>
> --
> --
> Post a message: pp...@googlegroups.com <mailto:pp...@googlegroups.com>
>

> --
> make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)
>
> --
> --
> Post a message: pp...@googlegroups.com

Senghong Soeng

Soung Chornay

May 10, 2016, 2:10:58 AM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
I got it. Thank you very much.

S.Kemter

May 10, 2016, 9:56:30 PM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:23:15 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller wrote:
Hey!

Thank you for the clarification ;-)

OwnCloud seems like a great piece of software. Can we do it in 30
minutes this time?

    Yes, I can.

Fred can we bring it this time a little bit earlier out, what talk we have?

br gnokii

Frederic Muller

May 10, 2016, 10:07:55 PM5/10/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
On 05/11/2016 08:56 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:seng...@systemexperts.asia>>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:23:15 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller wrote:
>
> Hey!
>
> Thank you for the clarification ;-)
>
> OwnCloud seems like a great piece of software. Can we do it in 30
> minutes this time?
>

> Yes, I can.
>

> Fred can we bring it this time a little bit earlier out, what talk we have?

Morning!

I am ok with whatever time personally. It has been a request from people
who don't seem to come anymore so I'd say "sure let's do it".

As a side note, we'll have to find a new venue for next meeting as well.
So it'll be change of time AND change of place.

What time would work for people attending?

Thanks

Fred

Norbert Klein

May 13, 2016, 10:11:55 PM5/13/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
For me, I have no preferences to mention - I can (and I would like to)
attend meetings only when I am in Phnom Penh. And that is not often, and
I travel mostly in response to some tasks/requests on short notice.

I am happy to read, and if there are not only "events" but also reports
later, that is nice for me.

Norbert Klein
Kep

Leap Sok

May 17, 2016, 6:16:38 AM5/17/16
to PPLUG - Phnom Penh Linux Users Group
Hi Fred and everyone,

I spoke to Emerald Hub and they agreed to host us for every month for free of charge except if we need some drinks/foods they will need us to purchase through them instead of bringing from outside foods/drinks.

So please let me know if you guys are ok to host there. I am also proposing to adjust the start time to 6.30pm for networking and 7-8pm for the talk if possible.

Best,
Leap

Frederic Muller

May 17, 2016, 11:10:45 AM5/17/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thank you, thanks sounds pretty nice! Do you have any idea of their
food/drink pricing? Not a big issue per se, but I'm curious and don't
want the group to feel it's a rip off. Either we could definitely try
once and see how it goes.

Also a bit thank for the timing schedule. I think "starting" at 6:30pm
and having the talks kick off at 7pm is fine. The place is rather
central, and hopefully not to difficult to reach.

I'd be happy to have others in the group give us their feedback on the
timing.

Thanks.

Fred

On 05/17/2016 05:16 PM, Leap Sok wrote:
> Hi Fred and everyone,
>
> I spoke to Emerald Hub and they agreed to host us for every month for
> free of charge except if we need some drinks/foods they will need us to
> purchase through them instead of bringing from outside foods/drinks.
>
> So please let me know if you guys are ok to host there. I am also
> proposing to adjust the start time to 6.30pm for networking and 7-8pm
> for the talk if possible.
>
> Best,
> Leap
>
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 9:07:55 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller wrote:
>
> On 05/11/2016 08:56 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hi,

> <seng...@systemexperts.asia <javascript:>
> > <mailto:seng...@systemexperts.asia <javascript:>>>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:23:15 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller
> wrote:
> >
> > Hey!
> >
> > Thank you for the clarification ;-)
> >
> > OwnCloud seems like a great piece of software. Can we do
> it in 30
> > minutes this time?
> >

> > Yes, I can.
> >

> > Fred can we bring it this time a little bit earlier out, what talk
> we have?
>
> Morning!
>
> I am ok with whatever time personally. It has been a request from
> people
> who don't seem to come anymore so I'd say "sure let's do it".
>
> As a side note, we'll have to find a new venue for next meeting as
> well.
> So it'll be change of time AND change of place.
>
> What time would work for people attending?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

S.Kemter

May 17, 2016, 11:56:20 AM5/17/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Hi!

Thank you, thanks sounds pretty nice! Do you have any idea of their
food/drink pricing?

it ranges from 3 to 7$ but the problem might be more how to organize it

Not a big issue per se, but I'm curious and don't
want the group to feel it's a rip off. Either we could definitely try
once and see how it goes.

Also a bit thank for the timing schedule. I think "starting" at 6:30pm
and having the talks kick off at 7pm is fine. The place is rather
central, and hopefully not to difficult to reach.

I'd be happy to have others in the group give us their feedback on the
timing.

br gnokii
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pplug+un...@googlegroups.com.

Frederic Muller

May 17, 2016, 10:27:11 PM5/17/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
On 05/17/2016 10:56 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi

> <mailto:fr...@beijinglug.org>>:
>
> Hi!
>
> Thank you, thanks sounds pretty nice! Do you have any idea of their
> food/drink pricing?
>

> it ranges from 3 to 7$ but the problem might be more how to organize it

Oh, so they do not really provide drinks as a business. I understand it
would be a service for us. In that case maybe we can do without the
drinks and socialize either before or/and after nearby?

Can we try out for the next meeting and see how we like it?

Thanks either way, and let's hope for the best.

Fred

S.Kemter

May 17, 2016, 10:36:57 PM5/17/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com

On 05/17/2016 10:56 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> Hi

> <mailto:fr...@beijinglug.org>>:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     Thank you, thanks sounds pretty nice! Do you have any idea of their
>     food/drink pricing?
>

> it ranges from 3 to 7$ but the problem might be more how to organize it

Oh, so they do not really provide drinks as a business. I understand it
would be a service for us.

yes which we have to pay a person. I just can tell you the price as I asked for Fedoras Release Party

In that case maybe we can do without the
drinks and socialize either before or/and after nearby?

There is a Pizza Company in the house ;)

Can we try out for the next meeting and see how we like it?

sure that was the idea behind it, so that we can come this time out early with the topic/time/place

br gnokii

Thanks either way, and let's hope for the best.

Fred
Post a message: pp...@googlegroups.com

Frederic Muller

Jun 5, 2016, 1:47:47 AM6/5/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm going to post the next meeting announcement on the website. Are we
still ok with Emerald Hub for the upcoming Tuesday?

Thank you.

Fred

On 05/17/2016 05:16 PM, Leap Sok wrote:
> Hi Fred and everyone,
>
> I spoke to Emerald Hub and they agreed to host us for every month for
> free of charge except if we need some drinks/foods they will need us to
> purchase through them instead of bringing from outside foods/drinks.
>
> So please let me know if you guys are ok to host there. I am also
> proposing to adjust the start time to 6.30pm for networking and 7-8pm
> for the talk if possible.
>
> Best,
> Leap
>
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 9:07:55 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller wrote:
>
> On 05/11/2016 08:56 AM, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hi,

> <seng...@systemexperts.asia <javascript:>
> > <mailto:seng...@systemexperts.asia <javascript:>>>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:23:15 AM UTC+7, Frederic Muller
> wrote:
> >
> > Hey!
> >
> > Thank you for the clarification ;-)
> >
> > OwnCloud seems like a great piece of software. Can we do
> it in 30
> > minutes this time?
> >

> > Yes, I can.
> >

> > Fred can we bring it this time a little bit earlier out, what talk
> we have?
>
> Morning!
>
> I am ok with whatever time personally. It has been a request from
> people
> who don't seem to come anymore so I'd say "sure let's do it".
>
> As a side note, we'll have to find a new venue for next meeting as
> well.
> So it'll be change of time AND change of place.
>
> What time would work for people attending?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Leap Sok

Jun 5, 2016, 10:32:31 PM6/5/16
to pp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

Yes you can host at EmeraldHub tomorrow.

Cheers,
Leap

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PPLUG - Phnom Penh Linux Users Group" group.