merge command

Michael Doane

Nov 27, 2017, 5:49:10 PM11/27/17
to pplacer users
Hi all,

Using the 'merge' command, does information about where each query originates remain after .jplace files are merged? I'd like draw a tree that indicates where within the tree each file places its sequences.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Erick Matsen

Nov 27, 2017, 6:44:13 PM11/27/17
to pplace...@googlegroups.com
It does not.

There you can see that the --split-csv option writes out a csv file indicating the source of each read in the combined placefile. You can then use those as described in the "split placefile" section of the guppy manual.

Frederick "Erick" Matsen, Associate Member
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://matsen.fredhutch.org/

Michael Doane

Dec 13, 2017, 2:04:19 PM12/13/17
to pplacer users
Hi Erick,

Thank you for the assistance. I am attempting running the --split-csv flag with the 'merge' command. I am not having luck generating the .csv file.

Here is the command used:
~/phylosift_v1.0.1/bin/./guppy merge -o ws_1_2.jplace --out-dir ~/temp/ --prefix test --split-csv ~/phylogenetic_diversity/jplace/shark/ws_3.fastq.gz.jplace ~/phylogenetic_diversity/jplace/shark/ws_4.fastq.gz.jplace

The command generates the merged .jplace with the correct output name, prefix appended, and to the indicated directory. The csv however it not generated.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Erick Matsen

Dec 13, 2017, 4:24:14 PM12/13/17
to pplace...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done this in a while but it looks to me that

--split-csv ~/phylogenetic_diversity/jplace/shark/ws_3.fastq.gz.jplace

will write a CSV file to ~/phylogenetic_diversity/jplace/shark/ws_3.fastq.gz.jplace . I doubt this is what you intended.