Information returned using 'Info' command

Michael Doane

Sep 22, 2017, 10:24:53 PM9/22/17
to pplacer users
Hi all,

I am having trouble interpreting what is returned using the 'info' command. Below is an example from my data.

name,leaves,pqueries,multi_pqueries
aa_barred_cat,4912,2766,2771
aa_gobi_cat,4912,13,17
ak_crab_cat,4912,359,373
ame_blennie_cat,4912,118,145
ame_flounder_cat,4912,2286,2288

All of my 'leaves' are 4912. Does this have to do with the number of references in the database?
What is the difference between pqueries and multi_pqueries?

Thanks so much for the help in advance
Michael Doane

Erick Matsen

Sep 30, 2017, 6:43:43 PM9/30/17
to pplacer users
Michael--

That's correct. `leaves` is the number of leaves in your reference tree.

Re multi_pqueries, placements can have multiplicities. This totals them with multiplicities. See https://matsen.github.io/pplacer/generated_rst/guppy.html#about-multiplicities

Erick

Frederick "Erick" Matsen, Associate Member
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://matsen.fredhutch.org/