EPA-ng: Massively Parallel Evolutionary Placement of Genetic Sequences | bioRxiv

Erick Matsen

Mar 29, 2018, 6:48:27 PM3/29/18
to pplace...@googlegroups.com, Pierre Barbera, Alexandros Stamatakis, Lucas Czech
Hello pplacer community--

Please check out this new program:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/03/29/291658

If any of you follow our work, you have probably noticed that we haven't done any pplacer-related projects in 3 or 4 years. We have also stopped developing pplacer and its sibling programs. Our research areas now are Bayesian phylogenetics and B cell immunology.

I will continue to do my best to support pplacer as it is, but encourage you to check out this new project. I haven't used it myself, but suspect that it's both fast and accurate.

Thanks,

Erick
--
Frederick "Erick" Matsen, Associate Member
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center