Installation help

ctri...@mymail.mines.edu

Mar 8, 2018, 2:00:59 AM3/8/18
to pplacer users
Hi,

I searched around and wasn't able to find a solution to my issues. I'm attempting to install pplacer and neither of my attempts has been successful so far.

Via Conda I've tried:

conda install -c bioconda pplacer

and I receive this error:

-bash: ./pplacer: cannot execute binary file

This is both when attempting to run the pplacer binary from within the root folder using ./pplacer and using the full file path. I've even included pplacer, guppy, and rppr in my PATH.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm running everything through terminal on macOS Sierra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Chris Trivedi

Erick Matsen

Mar 8, 2018, 10:24:45 AM3/8/18
to pplace...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I can't help with bioconda-- someone else did that.

When you say root folder, what do you mean? The easiest would be to put it in your home directory, in which case that `./pplacer` should work fine.

Frederick "Erick" Matsen, Associate Member
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://matsen.fredhutch.org/

ctri...@mymail.mines.edu

Mar 8, 2018, 1:12:28 PM3/8/18
to pplacer users
Hi Erick,

Thank you for the reply. I believe I figured it out. It was something silly with how I had saved it in my $PATH.

Thank you,
Chris