Live Windows

Martin Thrasher

Jul 5, 2024, 9:23:27 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 5
to ppanecmidi

By full instance, I mean a running, bootable instance, e.g. not an installer and not the WinPE environment. I suppose WinPE tools could be used to create the instance, but the running instance must not be WinPE.

I'm trying to find a method of booting full Windows 7 without an internal or external HD. The strong preference is to boot the full instance from a USB flash drive, but I'm running into boot problems because of the removable media bit (not compatible with Lexar's BootIt).

If it is completely impossible to boot from a USB disk, and a full install of Windows 7 via DVD is out, you are much more limited in your options, but at least you now have a better idea of what you can and cannot do.

If Windows XP is an option, it is a lot easier to fit onto a disk, and .Net (up to Runtime 4 I believe) will run on it and can be installed as part of the Live disk setup. Try PE Builder if this option will work for you: -to-create-windows-xp-live-cd.html

I cannot find an option for Windows 7 live that explicitly states it allows .Net function. Though Windows 7 has .Net implemented by default, so unless it's a specific .Net toolset not included by default, you may find it'll work without needing anything special.

These are instructions on how to boot from a VHD, or Virtual Hard Disk, such as the Windows 8 Developer Preview. Creating a Windows 7 VHD shouldn't be too hard and it should work with your licensing strictures.

If you've got a large enough USB drive, this may be a way around the problems booting from USB. It looks like you could replace the booting from USB steps with booting from a disk, and then mount the VHD stored in the USB drive at the appropriate point in the setup process.

Please note: This tutorial enables you to prepare a USB drive so that you can boot directly to Windows 7 from the USB drive. So now you can try Windows 7 without needing to install it onto your internal hard disk!

If you have a large enough USB stick and a supported BIOS you may be able to install Windows7 to the USB disk. You will then be able to boot from it by turning the machine off, inserting the USB stick and then powering the machine on.

I'm looking for a way to create a windows 7/8/10 live usb with persistence storage. Recently, I started learning .NET and I have to create Windows Form Applications or ASP.NET Core web applications. I tried to use some IDEs like Rider, QT and ..., but the problem is it wasn't useful at all. So, I don't want to try ways like VM or Dual-Boot installation and exactly, I need to create a live usb. I googled a lot and I couldn't find a solution. Thanks a lot :)

so I'm having a recurring issue while trying to install TeX Live on my Windows 11 system and am hoping to find some assistance here. A similar issue was had by 'TeX Live Installation Failure on Windows' though there is no answer and I don't understand the comment.

So I had TeX Live, as a physics/maths student it's like part of my everyday writing out my assignments, and I use markdown Mathjax for my notes. While making a R Markdown Stats Assignment, I was having issues knitting to PDF with TeX Live, so I updated the packages with the terminal, still had issues to I knitted to html instead. But when I went back to VSCode for LaTeX, I couldn't make it compile, I was encountering persistent issues primarily related to l3backend-pdftex.def with errors such as "Undefined control sequence" and issues with macro parameter characters and issues with an update or package inconsistency in my TeX Live distribution.

So I decided to reinstall. I couldn't find the program in the control panel, so I deleted the file in C, and checked there wasn't anything Tex-related in PATH in the Environment Variables in System Properties. Then I rebooted. I downloaded install-tl-windows (1).exe from the website, (1) because I had it before from last time (deleted now). During the installation of TeX Live, the process consistently fails with error messages related to permission denial and an inability to create certain files (e.g., luaharfbuzz.pdf, pubring.gpg). The log suggests that tar is unable to create these files due to permission issues. However I run the executable as an administrator. Screenshots are attached at the end.

Apologies if something similar has been resolved before, and I would appreciate guidance to that because I don't really know what I'm doing - I'm a physics student mostly so I have just a little bit of an idea about everything.

Got the same problem. Maybe you got the setup exe from the link in this page , same as me. The exe downloaded from that link didn't work. Later I downloaded another setup package from this link -tl.zip, unpacked the zip, ran the bat file and the errors were gone.

I use Ecamm Live every day to do morning announcements at my elementary school. I find it to be an outstanding piece of software that solved many problems for me when I began using it during COVID. I am doing a presentation for other elementary school principals in a few weeks on the benefits of conducting live morning announcements each day via YouTube. I use Ecamm to do this, however my school system is mostly a Windows environment. I know that Ecamm Live is only a Mac only product, but I was wondering if there is something like it for windows that I could point my non-mac colleagues to.

I use OBS regularly and it meets my needs just fine. OBS is open source and free for anyone to use. It also has an extensive library of third party plugins which expand its capabilities. So it is worth recommending to those who are reluctant to spend money. They can try it out, expand it capabilities and if/when they hit a road block move on to a commercial package.

Now an annual tradition, our windows come to life with sounds and scenes from the holidays. Visit our outdoor Christmas market in Liberty Lounge (an outdoor urban park at 110 S. Liberty St, just 1/2 block south of Blue Ridge Bank).

With the Microsoft 365 Live Event Assistance Program (LEAP), we can help you get more familiar with setting up and running an event, webinar, or large meeting and be available during the event to help if any questions or issues come up.

Webinars and live events help you deliver compelling communications to employees, customers and partners. Events use video and interactive discussion across Teams, Yammer, or Stream, and can be as simple, or as sophisticated as needed. Up to 10,000 attendees can participate in real-time from anywhere, on any device, or catch up later with the event recording. For additional details, visit the assistance program documentation page.

Whether you are a seasoned producer or new to creating virtual events, this playbook will guide you through the best practices for using Microsoft 365 technology to deliver compelling events. The content is organized by event delivery phase and role.

Windows Live is a discontinued brand name for a set of web services and software products developed by Microsoft as part of its software-as-a-service platform. Chief components under the brand name included web services (all of which were exposed through corresponding web applications), several computer programs that interact with the services, and specialized web services for mobile devices.[1]

According to Microsoft, Windows Live was "a way to extend the Windows user experience".[2] As such, Windows Vista's welcome screen provides a link to download Windows Live Messenger or to subscribe to Windows Live OneCare. Also, Windows Mail, Windows Photo Gallery and Windows Movie Maker were not offered with Windows 7 and became an exclusive part of Windows Live.[3] Microsoft announced that Windows 8 would have Windows Live apps included out-of-the-box, and would include built-in synchronization technologies powered by OneDrive (then SkyDrive).[4] The Windows Live brand was phased out during August 2012, when Microsoft released Windows 8 to manufacturing. Active Windows Live services remained active but were gradually renamed. The "live.com" domain, however, continues to be used in the URLs for Outlook, OneDrive, and the Login and Signup pages.

Windows Live was first announced on November 1, 2005. In its initial release, several Windows Live properties were rebranded and enhanced from Microsoft's MSN set of products and services. However, MSN still exists alongside Windows Live as a means of delivering content (as opposed to customized content and communications).[5] In May 2012 Microsoft began renaming Windows Live services, partly in anticipation of Windows 8, which integrates many of the Windows Live products and services into the operating system.[6]

My Windows Phone was a free online companion service for Windows Phone mobile devices that provided users with a free mobile phone back-up solution by wirelessly synchronizing contacts, calendar appointments, photos, and OneNote notebooks with a password-protected online portal. Users could access and manage their information stored on their Windows Phone devices via the online portal using their Microsoft account, as well as accessing a set of features for remotely ringing, locking, mapping, and erasing their lost phones. This service integrated tightly with other Windows Live services including Hotmail.com People and Calendar, and SkyDrive.[8]

Microsoft released a Windows Live Messenger application on the iOS App Store, which allowed users on mobile devices running iOS to communicate with their contacts via the Microsoft Messenger service. In addition to the instant messaging functionalities, the application also allowed users to view their Messenger social feed, view their friend's Profiles, and integrate with Hotmail and Photos.

Bing, a replacement of the search engine Live Search, was originally named Windows Live Search (and MSN Search prior to that) and was once part of the Windows Live family of services. Windows Live Search once occupied the homepage of Live.com, the domain for all Windows Live services. However, on March 21, 2007, Microsoft decided to separate its search developments from its Windows Live services family, forming part of the Live Search and Ad Platform. As part of this reorganization, the new search brand, Live Search, was consolidated with Microsoft adCenter, a part of Microsoft's Platform and Systems division.[10] However, Microsoft recognised that there was a brand issue as the word "Live" continued to remain in the brand.[11] As an effort to create a new identity for Microsoft's search services, on June 3, 2009, Live Search was officially rebranded as Bing.[12]

03c5feb9e7