❗July 9th Day of Action

A People's Coalition for FDR Park

Jul 1, 2022, 10:18:46 AM7/1/22
to A People's Coalition for FDR Park
Hello everyone,

Things are moving fast. I’m hearing a variety of reports that construction/excavation could start as soon as mid-July (I’ve heard the 13th). Another source tells me that construction roads will be created the 2nd week of July, which will render some of the Meadows trails inaccessible for the duration of the project. That they’re doing this, and moving so quickly, indicates they may be ignoring — or trying to steamroll over — the groundswell of public resistance to the project.

So what can we do? Well, FPC has given us a great opportunity. Maura and Justin are leading a “Walk and Talk" through FDR, no doubt to extol the virtues of the Master Plan. I've put together an agenda for us to respond to what will no doubt be PR spin, and also to give us a chance to really ground our work by connecting to the land at FDR, and to connect with each other. Here's the schedule:

9:30 am – 11:30 am  FPC’s Walk and Talk — at which we can ask very pointed questions

11:30am – 1:00 pm     Foraging with Lady Danni — a tour through the meadows, where we will learn about all kinds of native plants, and their food, medicinal and other uses, to really understand what we stand to lose if the plan moves ahead.

1:00 pm – 2:30 pm  Community Building and Debrief — a chance to sit and chat with each other, get a sense of each of our stakes, and also to debrief the Walk and Talk, separate fact from fiction from spin.

I know this is last minute, but due to a lack of transparency by PPR & FPC, we're in the position, for the time being, of only being able to react. If you are interested in participating in any part of the agenda, please fill out the form below.

Thanks,

Kermit

A People's Coalition for FDR Park

Jul 7, 2022, 8:48:13 AM7/7/22
to A People's Coalition for FDR Park

One more reminder about Saturday's Day of Action. If you're interested and haven't yet registered, the form will close tonight (7/7) at 6pm.

https://bit.ly/PP4FDRJuly9

Attached are some graphics to spread the word on socials.

Thanks,

PP4FDR Organizers

1.png

2.png