powertalk failed to convert slides to speech

opportunity knocks

May 4, 2017, 4:58:38 AM5/4/17
to PowerTalk
powertalk doesn't translate slide presentation text to speech. i right-clicked the file and chose "narrate with powertalk."  it opened the file and read the first slide correctly.  after that, it just counted each slide, e.g. "one," "two" etc. as i was going thru the presentation. i'm using windows 10 and powerpoint 2013. the file extension is pptx.  what should i do?

Steve Lee

May 4, 2017, 5:03:01 AM5/4/17
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
That is very strange indeed!

I'm not aware of any problem that would cause that so the most likely
is your slides themselves have content causing that effect.

Can you send me a minimal presentation that has the problem (eg just
1st 2 slides)? If you do not whish to post on this public list I can
give you a private email

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

opportunity knocks

May 6, 2017, 5:44:33 AM5/6/17
to PowerTalk
thanks for the response, steve. i'm attaching a couple of slides for you to check out.  i would appreciate your email address.  thanks

Steve Lee

May 6, 2017, 5:46:31 AM5/6/17
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
The slides are not getting through - I'll send you my email address.