Error when opening an presentation

Steve Lee

Mar 20, 2017, 6:57:03 AM3/20/17
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Some people have been experiencing problems opening presentations in PowerTalk but there is a work around till I manage to fix it.

The problem seems to only occur in Office 2013 and later and when trying to open a presentation via PowerTalk the follow unhelpful error occurs ("<class 'pywintyes.com_error'>....Exception occurred.....")

Inline images 1

The fix is to open the presentation in windows explorer by right clicking on it and selecting 'narrate with powertalk'

This method of opening files also allows you to access pptx and ppsx files which have become unavailable in the PowerTalk file open dialog box (unless you select 'all files').

I'll fix these problems as soon as possible.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com