Croatian support

Sandy McGale

May 1, 2018, 12:11:26 PM5/1/18
to PowerTalk
I have a power point presentation in Croatian, can the program read the bullets and say them in Croatian?
thanks,

Steve Lee

May 1, 2018, 12:15:08 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandy

yes, it should be able to. The only requirement is that you install
and select a Windows Speech voice that can speak Croation. Microsoft
do provide a number of language packs for WIndows, some of which
include voices. You may already have it installed or there are
suppliers of voices.

I'll do a little more research for you and see what I can find out.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Sandy McGale

May 1, 2018, 12:55:19 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks I have to present in Croatian but I need the easiest way to figure out the pronunciation without getting stuck, it’s on Friday

Thanks again
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Lee

May 1, 2018, 1:17:00 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
wow - good luck with that! Are you going there? We had a wonderfull
holiday there.

So it appears there is a male Croation voice and instructions are here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/22797/windows-10-narrator-tts-voices

I see it says the April Update which only came out yesterday but
hopefull they've just updated an older article. Ubnless you're happy
to update 1st. So far I've had no problems.

However, you also need to enter Croation text correctly on your slides
and that usually means adding an input language. However, I see
various comments that Croation a Croation keyboard layout is not
availabe when you have everything set up as english with englis
keyboard. Perhaps they have fixed it. Else it means is you have to
switch Windows between English and Croation and that can make it hard
to switch back if you do not speak Croation.

Perhaps a better way to input Croation text is to cut an paste from a
program that lets type croation charactes - eg
https://www.branah.com/croatian

I hope that helps

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Daniel

May 1, 2018, 2:21:41 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sandy

Just in case Steve’s suggestions doesn’t work for you could try “LANA - CROATIAN FEMALE VOICE”

I use IVONA voices but they do not have a Croatian voice.

NUANCE has one and Harpo software offers it.

You can download a fully functioning 30-day trial version and test it to see if it works for you.

"With any voice you purchase, you will receive a free copy of MiniSpeech - a simple text-to-speech converter that reads out text in any application, document, or a Web page."

https://harposoftware.com/en/croatian/401-lana-nuance-voice.html

Again just in case Steve’s suggestion doesn’t work for you.

Kind regards,

Daniel

steve

May 1, 2018, 2:40:28 PM5/1/18
to PowerTalk
Thanks Daniel!!

I didn't concider evaluation periods - great idea! Those commercial voices are excellent quality.

Steve

Sandy McGale

May 1, 2018, 2:41:22 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Great I'll try it!

Sandy McGale

May 1, 2018, 2:41:23 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Attached are a few slides, does it work?

>> --
Croatian test presentation powerpoint FINAL.pptx

Sandy McGale

May 1, 2018, 3:07:51 PM5/1/18
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again!