power talk and powerpoint 2013

lamb...@live.co.uk

Dec 1, 2015, 12:26:04 PM12/1/15
to PowerTalk

 Good afternoon all
 I have just downloaded powertalk and tried to use it with powerpoint 2013 and I get the following error message . Any ideas / pointers?
 Thanks Gary

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

steve

Dec 1, 2015, 12:31:32 PM12/1/15
to PowerTalk
Hi Gary

That unhelpful error pops up on occasion and there are a couple of things you can check

1) ensure you have a full install of Office - seems you have as you mention PowerTalk 2013
2) makes sure you exit PowerPoint before you open the presentation in PowerTalk

I hope that help

Steve Lee

lamb...@live.co.uk

Dec 2, 2015, 6:14:39 AM12/2/15
to PowerTalk
Hi Steve
Many thanks for the speedy reply ,
Yes I have the full version of office 2013 installed on the machine & I did check in Task manager that powerpoint wasn't running .
Guess it just one of those vitual mysteries .
regards Gary

Steve Lee

Dec 2, 2015, 6:17:44 AM12/2/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Gary

That is frustrating. The error seems to indicate it can connect to PowerPoint which it runs via 'remote control'

What version of Windows are you on? Did you download the latest PowerTalk from http://fullmeasure.co.uk/powertalk/?

I'll see if I have any problems.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

gary lambert

Dec 2, 2015, 9:32:43 AM12/2/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve
Really kind of you to get back to me on this , I'm trying to get this up and running on behalf of my daughter Natasha,
as she has been asked to do some presentations regarding her sailing ( see  www.missisle.com ) and powertalk would
be a big improvement over the existing Grid system. I have downloaded Power Talk from the fullmeasure site ,
I've attached a screen shot of my system , this machine is running win 7 service pack 1 .
once again thanks for your support .
Regards Gary
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PowerTalk" group.
System screen shot.docx

gary lambert

Dec 2, 2015, 9:39:48 AM12/2/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve
I'm running windows 7 service pack 1
I did download from the fullmeasure site .

Regards Gary

On 02/12/2015 11:17, Steve Lee wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PowerTalk" group.

Steve Lee

Dec 2, 2015, 10:25:56 AM12/2/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Gary

Wow 'British Empire Medal' you mus tall be chuffed to bits!

I know Barney who wrote the Grid. Nice to think my little App manages to excel in its very tightly focussed feature set :)

----
Win 7 is usually no problem at all.

I spent some time Googling but there appears to be no new insights for this annoying error. Here's some rainstorm ideas.

* Does the presentation open and run OK in PowerPoint?

* Do make sure you have completely exited PowePoint when you run PowerTalk. It may be lurking! Check in the task bar for it's icon or run Task Manager and look for it.

* How are you running PowerTalk? Try right clicking on the presentation and selecting "Narrate with powerTalk". Or run PowerTalk and then browse to the presentation in the open dialog that you are shown.

* What is the presentation name? is a pptx or ppsx or something else?

* One thing to try is to uninstall PowerTalk, delete that gen_py folder shown in your original error massage and reinstall and run powerTalk

Sorry I don't have a simple answer.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

gary lambert

Dec 3, 2015, 5:06:40 AM12/3/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Morning Steve
We're very proud of what she is achieving . I've deleted the py folder and re installed Power Talk but still getting the same error . I've tried saving a mock presentation in compatibility mode with.pptx , still no good , i've tried converting it to .ppt , but still the same error .
I'm starting powerpoint through Power Talk , can't seem to find an option within powerpoint to " Narrate with Power Talk " ,
I've checked that powerpoint is closed on each occasion .
starting to look like I'm jinxed !
Cheers Gary

Steve Lee

Dec 3, 2015, 5:36:55 AM12/3/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Sigh!

> can't seem to find an option within powerpoint to " Narrate with Power Talk "

What you do is browse to the presentation file in Windows Explorer. Then right click on it. By default the PowerTalk installer adds an option to narrate to most presentations.

When does Natasha need to do the prezzos? I'll try to get a win 7 up and running to see if I can get the problem to happen for me.. Alternatively I could try to remote access your PC using TeamVeiwer or WIndows built in remote access.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

gary lambert

Dec 3, 2015, 6:04:17 AM12/3/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Steve your a genius , as soon as I checked the " Narrate with Power Talk "  powerpoint opened and the narration began , looks like Natasha will be able to present with powerpoint . Many thanks for your help and patience
Regards Gary
PS Tash says thanks for the follow :-)

Steve Lee

Dec 3, 2015, 6:10:41 AM12/3/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
yay! \o/

I've no idea why it doesn't work the other way but that will do nicely!

Please do let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

gary lambert

Dec 3, 2015, 7:25:34 AM12/3/15
to powertal...@googlegroups.com
Would be delighted,( not planned till post Christmas ).
Gary