Floating Chord Diagrams

None

Feb 19, 2006, 9:41:26 PM2/19/06
to Power Tab Users Support
Is there any way to get the chords to position where the chord name
sits above the bar? Has anyone tried using a chord font in preferences
and chosing and inserting them as text? Some of my students like to
have the chord diagrams at the appropriate spot on the tab, and use the
tab for the runs between chords. Any suggestions?

stick_branch

Feb 20, 2006, 1:38:37 AM2/20/06
to Power Tab Users Support
You don't use text to put chord names in, you use chord names. Also
Identifiable by the Cm button. You click on the chord and then insert
the chord name by pressing Cm.

Kilgore

Feb 20, 2006, 1:09:03 PM2/20/06
to Power Tab Users Support
You can change the font of the text used in chord names (Fonts under
the View Menu), but a chord font wouldn't work the way you want. For
example, Em7b5 would add 5 chord diagrams...one for each character in
the chord name. Unfortunately, you won't be able to add chord diagrams
in place of the chord names in the way you want. You can only have them
listed at the top of the score.

stick_branch

Feb 21, 2006, 12:51:27 AM2/21/06
to Power Tab Users Support
Aah, Chord Diagrams, Alternatively, you could output each measure to
bitmap, and then paste the chord diagrams on top, long, messy, but it
works.

None

Feb 25, 2006, 6:06:04 PM2/25/06
to Power Tab Users Support
Could you suggest a program that allows me to put the chord diagrams
where they need to be above the bar, rather than all up at the top of
the page?

stick_branch

Mar 4, 2006, 5:12:50 PM3/4/06
to Power Tab Users Support
I'm not sure. I've heard of Lilypond before, which is another notation
program, but it's not powertab form, and I don't think it does that.
(I've never used it before.)

David Pike, P.Eng.

Feb 7, 2016, 10:50:08 AM2/7/16
to Power Tab Users Support, mgha...@gmail.com
This question has been dealt with before, but a long time ago.  Does PowerTab let me insert the chord diagrams instead of the chord names, at the place in the score where they are used?

Kilgore

Feb 7, 2016, 10:55:38 AM2/7/16
to Power Tab Users Support, mgha...@gmail.com
You should be able to position the chord name and/or diagram above any rest or note you place your cursor on.