Java Reader for the power tab header

joneric.w...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2007, 3:35:19 PM6/6/07
to Power Tab Developers Support
I've written a program to read in the power tab header.
Its available at http://www.beaglebuddy.com/ptb

Daniel K.

Jun 7, 2007, 6:11:52 PM6/7/07
to powertab-...@googlegroups.com
Good job. It works well! I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Oh, I don't think Brad has officially said that he has abandoned 2.0
altogether.

Dan

--
theUrba...@gmail.com

allpow...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2007, 11:48:58 AM6/8/07
to Power Tab Developers Support
Good job! Looking great.

On Jun 6, 3:35 pm, "joneric_wennerst...@yahool.com"

hera...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2007, 8:19:50 PM6/19/07
to Power Tab Developers Support
Hi,

First of all let me convey my appreciation for writing the code in
Java. I am sure that it must have been a hell of a job to port from c+
+.
I tried to use the header reader and I am getting the following
stacktrace

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
font weight 1953068359.
at com.beaglebuddy.ptb.PTBFontSetting.getWeight(PTBFontSetting.java:
119)
at com.beaglebuddy.ptb.PTBFontSetting.load(PTBFontSetting.java:165)
at
com.beaglebuddy.ptb.PTBDocumentAttributes.load(PTBDocumentAttributes.java:
100)
at com.beaglebuddy.ptb.PTBFile.load(PTBFile.java:73)
at com.beaglebuddy.ptb.PTBFile.main(PTBFile.java:103)

It seems that it is not recognizing the font weight(FontWeight enum) .
Also there are lot of code which is not been used for the header and
is causing compile error. Some of the classes are also not in correct
package.

I was wondering if you can set up a version control, then people like
me who wanna make ptb open source would be able to contribute and also
can you enlighten us more about the format.

Thanks
Hirak

joneric.w...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2007, 12:34:18 PM6/22/07
to Power Tab Developers Support
Thanks for the info.

I've just finished coding up all the classes in java for the entire
power tab file reader, and am now starting to debug it.
It'll take me a few weeks to get it working.
Right now, the I can only successfully read the header.

I feel like I've been making pretty good progress so far.
Its taken me about two weeks to write the classes for the java
version, although the hard and time consuming part will be debugging
it and getting it all to work.
I think I can do this pretty quickly on my own for right now.
I've definitely got some questions, which I think only brad may be
able to answer.
Hopefully he's in a charitable mood and can help me out a bit.
I'm estimating three weeks to sort out the bugs.

Rest assured though, once I have it working, I'll do just as you
suggest and set up an open source project and contribute all the code
for anyone and everyone to use.
If I do run into problems with debugging, I might do this sooner in
order to get other people's eyes looking at it.

But for right now, I'm just posting my work on my own website at
http://www.beaglebuddy.com/ptb, which you can download.
But remember, it doesn't work yet.
But you can get an idea of the code and the structure of power tab
(.ptb) files.

I'll post a message here when I get it working to let everyone know
about it.