.ptbs -> MIDI in bulk?

Golbez

Aug 3, 2007, 1:00:19 AM8/3/07
to Power Tab Developers Support
I've been in the habit lately of pitching every idea I've conceived,
for better or worse (on the forums). So why stop now? The original
post and thought process looks exactly like this:
http://forum.powertabs.net/viewtopic.php?t=27267

But the meat and potatoes of the discussion is here:

"I think it would be sweet if, assuming I downloaded some number of
tabs, I could select all the files (in explorer), right click on the
group, and select an "Export to MIDI" function, which would produce
MIDI files of the same name, in the same folder, by default. Then I
could queue them all up and listen to them in media player X. Then I
could both enjoy any number of MIDIs just 'cause they sound great, or
because I'm searching for new music to play."

I've frequently expressed my lack of understanding for programming and
code/language/what-have-you. So I don't really know the depths of this
request. But maybe there's someone out here who acknowledges it'd be a
(relatively) fun and easy thing to do, and I would be hugely
appreciative. I know there's already an individual Export Midi
function, so work-arounds exist. But again, just wanted to pitch that
idea. Thank you all for your time, and thanks for your continuing
efforts around this program. And Brad, thanks a million for PTE. It
has become a huge hobby of mine and has helped my writing and playing
immensely. I can't thank you enough :)

~Gol...@powertabs.net