A new member want help on c sound programming

Lise Prud'Homme

Jan 20, 2003, 1:03:27 AM1/20/03
search *software only* effect algorithm on wav file...
I want to creat a sound editor without sound card on Dos...(a audio effect
renderer)

Where can i find information about that.

Thanks

Steve Prud'Homme

Don't look my english i'm french.

Robert Keith Elias

Jan 20, 2003, 7:07:37 PM1/20/03

Hi "Lise Prud'Homme" <lpru...@sympatico.ca>;

This is a public reply to your message posted:
From group: comp.os.msdos.misc; on Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:03:27 -0500
Concerning "A new member want help on c sound programming";

> search *software only* effect algorithm on wav file...
> I want to creat a sound editor without sound card on Dos...(a audio effect
> renderer)
>
> Where can i find information about that.

Almost all Linux code, is open. I imagine that code to read wav files
has already been written for Linux. If a search on Google turns up
nothing, maybe ask in groups like:

comp.os.linux.development.apps
comp.os.linux.misc

or

comp.dsp (dsp = Digital Sound Processing) 3 years ago this was a
surprisingly active group.

Warning: DO NOT cross post (post to more than one group at a time) to
any of these groups. They will eat you alive.

Cordially;

--
Friar Broccoli
Robert Keith Elias (Quebec, Qc, Canada) By: kelias (from) clic.net

--------- I consider ALL arguments in support of my views ---------

Alex Russell

Jan 20, 2003, 9:11:18 PM1/20/03
"Lise Prud'Homme" <lpru...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
Without a soundcard you are limited to the PC speaker and related hardware
which means pretty low-fidelity beeps and sounds.

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/2675/progs/progs.html
pascal source to play waves on pc speaker

--
Alex Russell
alexande...@telus.net

Lise Prud'Homme

Jan 20, 2003, 10:23:16 PM1/20/03
Yes but i don't want to read wav but just apply reverb in **render** mode...
"Alex Russell" <alexande...@telus.net> a écrit dans le message de
news: a%1X9.34831$Ui4.1...@news1.telusplanet.net...

Erik de Castro Lopo

Jan 20, 2003, 11:29:36 PM1/20/03
Robert Keith Elias wrote:

> Warning: DO NOT cross post (post to more than one group at a time) to
> any of these groups. They will eat you alive.

Posting the same message one at a time is equally bad advice.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo nos...@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Complex problems have simple easy to understand wrong answers.

Alex Russell

Jan 21, 2003, 12:49:38 AM1/21/03
"Lise Prud'Homme" <lpru...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

try googling for DSP or digital sound processing

Lise Prud'Homme

Jan 21, 2003, 1:38:36 PM1/21/03
Why... It is a crime to reach the most people...
"Erik de Castro Lopo" <nos...@mega-nerd.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 3E2CCC28...@mega-nerd.com...

Erik de Castro Lopo

Jan 21, 2003, 4:33:19 PM1/21/03
Lise Prud'Homme wrote:

> Why... It is a crime to reach the most people...

Its not a crime, but consider what you did.

You posted the same question to several newsgroups. Now what
happens when a thread of discussion starts in each of those
newsgroups? And what if someone other than yourself becomes
interested in the discussion? How are they supposed to know
that the same discussion is taking place on a number of other
newgsroups? What if they miss the definitive answer because
they weren't reading the right newsgroup?

I saw your question posted to three groups. If I was in your
situation I would have just cross posted to all three (still a
a small number of groups), reached the same number of people
but everybody in all three groups would have seen the same
set of responses. In addition, if one person gave the answer
in the first group, another person in the other groups would
not bother posting the same answer.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo nos...@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)

Running MS-Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche
but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.

Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]

Feb 20, 2003, 6:49:15 PM2/20/03
> Why... It is a crime to reach the most people...

It is a crime to abuse powersoft.public.watcom_c_c++.general.
This is a private newsgroup on Sybase news server and I am the moderator of
the newsgroup
I can easily remove your message from the server.

See
http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,47613,00.html

where point 7 says

"7. Don't post the same question in more than one newsgroup at once. "

What is your question on using Watcom C/C++ please ?

Thank you

Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]
London, UK