Allocate memory above 1 Mb

Igor

Jun 8, 2003, 5:25:11 AM6/8/03
Is it possible to allocate large memory buffer (2 Mb or more) above
first meg. of memory and get it physical address? I need to do it for
old PCI device driver. Target: PM / MS DOS 6.22, compiller: Watcom C
11c (or
OpenWatcom).

The first thing I did is the google messages base search for this
topic...
But I found only one answer - use DPMI DOS memory allocation function
(DPMI 0.9 / 0x0100). It works, but I can't to allocate more than 1 Mb
in address space and get it physical address.
Another idea I found is to use DPMI memory mapping (DPMI 0.9 /
0x0800), but it seems wrong in my situation (my device is not memory
mapped, I only need to get the physical address of large memory block
I alocate to put it into the device registers). Can anybody in two
words (without details, I find it) explain me what I must to do?