E2006 building NT-executable on OS/2

1 view

Philip Nienhuis

Mar 9, 2003, 4:01:56 PM3/9/03

using Watcom 11.0c I try to build a Windows NT executable (currently
just a skeleton with some menus).

Building & running it under Windows (98 & NT) works fine.

Building it under OS/2 fails with Error! E2006 (the log is reproduced
below).

Now I am a bit of a C++ newbie, so I expect it is probably something
stupid.
But then the problem is, I can't find anywhere what E2006 is all about,
neither in the big pile of hard copy manuals nor in the downloadable
.pdf manuals from openwatcom.org
Loads of error messages are mentioned, but not E2006.

Anybody any ideas what E2006 means, apart from the obvious that it can't
be built?

error log on OS/2:
==================
cd e:\src\mlp\wmlp
wmake -f e:\src\mlp\wmlp\wmlp.mk -h -e e:\src\mlp\wmlp\wmlp.exe
wlink name wmlp d all SYS nt_win op m libr
G:\watcom\lib386\nt\comctl32.lib op maxe=25 op q op symf ru win=4.0
@wmlp.lk1
Error! E2006: creating a Windows NT windowed executable
Error(E42): Last command making (e:\src\mlp\wmlp\wmlp.exe) returned a
bad status
Error(E02): Make execution terminated
Execution complete

TIA,
Philip

Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]

Mar 13, 2003, 2:56:29 PM3/13/03
> Now I am a bit of a C++ newbie, so I expect it is probably something
> stupid.
> But then the problem is, I can't find anywhere what E2006 is all about,
> neither in the big pile of hard copy manuals nor in the downloadable
> .pdf manuals from openwatcom.org
> Loads of error messages are mentioned, but not E2006.
>
> Anybody any ideas what E2006 means, apart from the obvious that it can't
> be built?

I can't find it either. It has to be a linker error but it is not mentioned.
However I can find out.

Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]
London, UK

Philip Nienhuis

Mar 24, 2003, 1:26:49 PM3/24/03
"Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]" wrote:
<snip>

> Anybody any ideas what E2006 means, apart from the obvious that it can't
> > be built?
>
> I can't find it either. It has to be a linker error but it is not mentioned.
> However I can find out.
>
> Stephen Howe [TeamSybase]
> London, UK

Any luck yet?