Does anyone understand runtime-behaviour of datawindow control names? get names with obj_xxxx

tdev

Aug 1, 2003, 4:57:30 AM8/1/03
Hello,

I must be sure that this code returns the correct
and always the same name for each control in a datwindow
on runtime:

is_types = idw_obj.Object.DataWindow.Objects

Problem:
Sometimes I get for control the right name! This is nice!
But often I get for the same control a name like obj_XXXXX ???

Why?? Can I prevent this??? Any solutions???

Regards,
Thomas

tdev

Aug 1, 2003, 3:42:40 PM8/1/03
Solved.

You have to open the datawindow in a painter and save it (A Migration problem).

(Maybe you know this from SilverStream Pages too)

Regards.