Err in Col width in DW built from DB using multibye char set

Bhadresh

Oct 22, 2003, 10:27:36 AM10/22/03
I am using PB 8.0.3 and Oracle 9.2
I am using Oracle direct drivers to connect to the database.

On oracle I am using UTF8 with nls_length_semantics=char

I created a table as follows
create table test(
col_a integer not null,
col_b varchar(20) nt null,
primary key(col_a));

When I create a DW using this table and look at column specification
for column col_b it is char(60) instead of char(20)

I know the reason why this is happening. Since I have defined
nls_length_semantics=char and using UTF8 in which 1 char can be upto 3
bytes the column specification shows char(60) instead of char(20)

Is there any settings on the database or on PB side to avoid this
situation. I cannot change nls_length_semantics=byte (this is
required)

Thanx