PB 8.0.3 MAJOR BUG: ITEMCHANGED, Argument DATA contains WRONG VALUE

Paul Baudouin

Sep 9, 2003, 5:41:50 AM9/9/03
Hi all,

We guess you would better check out your application for the following
bug .

Situation:

GridDatawindow column of type INTEGER.
DDDW edit is editeable because the column is added to the
PFC-dropdownsearch dwsrv.
The displaycolumn is of the type STRING.

Action:

The user types a value in the edit field equal to a value in the
displaycolumn.
This value is numeric while the datatype of the displayvalue is
alfanumeric (e.g. '60400'). The user changes
the focus to another row in the grid by using keyenter!
or keytab!when this column is the last one
or by Clicking on an other row

Bug:

The value of the argument 'data' in the itemchanged event is wrong. It
contains the value of the field in
the newly current row instead of the row on witch the data was
altered. This implies that all the validation
and processing in the itemchanged event is executed with the wrong
value. It is clear that in this manner
the stored data becomes completely useless.

Hypothesis:

While debugging we noticed that the gettext-function returns the
correct value up until the rowfocuschanged event.
We suppose that in this scenario the eventsequence goes wrong. If the
itemchanged would execute during rowfocuschanging
the data would be correct.

If you have encountered the same problem or know of a highlevel (PFE)
workaround please let us know.

Kind regards ,

Paul Baudouin