"Dead" spot in Group DataWindow - bizarre!

John Niespodzianski

Sep 19, 2003, 4:56:38 PM9/19/03
Has anyone seen this behavior in a group datawindow? If so, please
let me know how/if you solved it.

PB 8.0.3 Build 9907, Win 2000.

In the dwMouseOver event of our ancestor DW object (mapped to
pbm_dwnmousemove) we use a 3rd party OCX control to display hover-help
on selected columns.

Works great in all of our existing DWs.

I've recently created the first group DW in the application, and added
the hover help functionality to the DW.

Works great, with one exception: there appear to be "dead spots" on
the screen where for no apparent reason it picks up the row as 0!

To elaborate, it's not related to the data (or band, etc). It's
related to a particular location on the screen.

If you populate the DW with more data (pushing down the rows that were
previously dead) the new rows that take the same physical position on
the screen behave the same way.

I wrote out to a log file to see what the row # was reporting for
these dead rows, and it was always coming back as "0".

Any and all comments welcome!

-John