Direct Connect DB2/400

Islam Mohamed Fahmy

Jul 13, 2003, 5:25:47 AM7/13/03
hi all ,
I'm new to the DB2/400 so HELP pls.
I'm developping client server application
PB 7.02
Windows 2000 or 98 Client
DB2/400 (AS/400) backend DB
I downloaded DirectConnect ODBC Evaluation version & I established a
connection
, but when I made PB database profile I can't see my DataBase .
so I think that some shall be done with the DB Profile parameters ,

or the ODBC connection parameters
or pbodb70.ini & This is my DB2/400 section in pbodb70.ini -->>>>

; IBM Client Access/400 ODBC Driver
[DB2/400 SQL]
PBSyntax='DB24_SYNTAX'
PBDateTime='ISO_DATETIME'
DelimitIdentifier='YES'
IdentifierCase=3
ForeignKeyDeleteRule='Disallow if Dependent Rows Exist (RESTRICT), Delete
any Dependent Rows (CASCADE), Set Dependent Columns to NULL (SET NULL), Set
Dependent Columns to Default (SET DEFAULT)'
PBSystemOwner='NULLID'
PBTableOwner='NO'
PBEscapeChar='NO'

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]

Jul 15, 2003, 8:02:12 AM7/15/03
Have you confirmed that you can connect and see the database outside of
PowerBuilder to ensure that there is not a permission/access issue?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:25:47 +0200,
in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity

- - -
Andy [TeamSybase]

Techwave 2003 - http://www.sybase.com/techwave2003
International Sybase User Group (ISUG) - http://www.isug.com