PB 7.0.3, Oracle 8.1.x, invalid number

Sylvain

Jun 30, 2003, 7:58:11 PM6/30/03
I have an application vreating in PB 7.0.3, working with Oracle 7.03.
When I install Oracle client 8.1.5, the oracle error message "invalid
number" appears when retrieving a datawindows. This message does not appear
before.
Could you tell me if PB 7.0.3 can work with Oracle 8.1.x ?

Thank you

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]

Jul 1, 2003, 8:12:20 AM7/1/03
Check out the following link that shows the support for Oracle with PB 7

http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1011566,00.html

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:58:11 -0400,
in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity

Andy

Techwave 2003: http://www.sybase.com/techwave2003
International Sybase User Group (ISUG) - http://www.isug.com

Terry Dykstra

Jul 1, 2003, 6:30:23 PM7/1/03
Also check NLS settings, e.g. NLS_LANG. It might be defaulting to a
different characterset.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]" <aturi...@comcast.net> wrote in message