Lost MSSQL Connection

Tom_Mangano

Jul 11, 2003, 9:22:28 PM7/11/03
On 7/10/03 I was able to connect to MicroShit SQL 2000 and 6.5 databases
using the PB9 native drivers. I tried to connect to the same DB's using
ODBC and different names for the odbc sources (EX: db1 was my profile under
MSSQL) on the same day. I couldn't connect using ODBC when I went through
Control Panel \ Administrative tools \ Data Sources using db1_odbc as my
profile and walking through the MS wizard. I cancelled out of the wizard
and never created the profile.

Today, I can't connect to MicroShit SQL using PB9 (development or runtime)
or running the same compiled application in PB8 that has been working for a
year. I get Db-library network communications layer not loaded in all 3
cases.

It gets better. I can now connect to the MicroShit SQL databases using
ODBC.

I have no idea what MicroShit clobbered when I tried to connect using ODBC.
I would appreciate any help.

Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]

Jul 12, 2003, 5:27:56 PM7/12/03
Please do not crosspost in multiple newsgroups.

Thank you.

<Tom_Mangano> wrote in message