ByteBuddy fix for JDK Issue available in Powermock?

Francesca Herpertz

Jul 22, 2019, 10:41:09 AM7/22/19
to PowerMock
Today I came across the following issue while using Mockito.

This lead to the following bug in ByteBuddy https://github.com/raphw/byte-buddy/issues/561, which was fixed with a workaround for the underlying issue in the JDK 8 -https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8216196 . Sadly the fix for the JDK was only applied to V8 and we are not able to use it.

This issue is not yet fixed in Mockito so I was looking for another framework with which I can mock and test my classes. As far as I have seen you are using byte buddy as well so I was wondering if you already included the aforementioned fix in one of your versions or have a completely different approach with which I can avoid the issue alltogether.

If a fix or a different solution were available I would consider switching to Powermock.

Thanks already!