Wrong PATH used by PowerCmd

Nightfall

Apr 16, 2008, 2:54:47 PM4/16/08
to PowerCmd
Hi,

I am currently evaluating PowerCmd and love it so far. I do however
have a question about the "watched" Path variable for PowerCmd. Where
is this being set? I have several batch files and exe's on my system
path, like lua and ant, that are not showing up on the watched version
in PowerCmd. It is somewhat irritating to have to consistently change
the PowerCmd path to match the system version every time I load the
app.

Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jonathan Tullier

Paul C.

Apr 16, 2008, 11:05:23 PM4/16/08
to PowerCmd
Hi,

The path variable is a reflection of your current console. The change
is only applied to current console and will not impact system
settings. If you want to make a permanent change, you can change your
system settings. Or if you want to change it when you run some
scripts, you can set the path using "set" command in your batch
script.

HTH,
Paul

Nightfall

Apr 17, 2008, 10:27:49 AM4/17/08
to PowerCmd
Hi,

I realize that a change to the local "watched" path will not be
persistent upon closing the current console or the application, that
is not what my original question was about. When I initially load the
application or a new console the "watched" path and the system path
don't match by a large margin. This is a problem as I have quite a
few things set on the system path.

For example:

On a fresh boot with no environment variable alterations,

This is my system Path:

"system" Path: D:\OPT\Lua\lua-5.1.3\Binaries;
D:\OPT\Tiny_C_Compiler\tcc;
D:\OPT\Oracle\product
\10.1.0\Client_1\bin;
D:\OPT\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client_1\jre
\1.4.2\bin\client;
D:\OPT\Oracle\product\10.1.0\Client_1\jre
\1.4.2\bin;
%JAVA_HOME%\bin;
%ANT_HOME%\bin;
%JAVA_HOME%\lib;
%SystemRoot%\system32;
%SystemRoot%;
%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
\90\Tools\binn\

When I load PowerCmd for the first time on boot this is what I get for
a "watched" Path.

"watched" Path: C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\G-
series Software\;
C:\WINNT\system32;
C:\WINNT;
C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;
%JAVA_HOME%\bin;
%ANT_HOME%\bin;
%JAVA_HOME%\lib;

Therefore, my question is this; what is PowerCmd using to set the
"watched" Path as it is obviously not the "real" system Path?

I sincerely appreciate your quick response to my earlier question and
hope to figure this quirk out so that I will be confident in
purchasing PowerCmd as my favorite cmd replacement.

Best wishes,
Jonathan Tullier