Tab management

Arcade...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2008, 12:49:23 PM9/22/08
to PowerCmd
Hello there,

I have a situation where I need to create a bunch of tabs, 6-9,
running kernal debuggers, and the tab titles get set by the i386kd and
they can be quite long. These long names mean that normaly only 1-2
tabs will fit on the screen at once.The problem I have is finding a
nice way to switch between the different tabs. Ideally I like a drop
downbox list or mention options, say the Windows menu option which
often covers this, that lists out all of the tab names so I can more
quickly and precisely move between the tabs. Is there any feature
like this in development?

This tool seems quite useful, but without this feature it's rather a
deal killer for me as I need to be able to move between the consoles
quickly.

Thanxx,

Adam

Paul Chang

Sep 22, 2008, 9:34:47 PM9/22/08
to powe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adam,

You can use command "title" to rename the tab name just like what you did in Windows Prompt Console. I'll add a new feature to PowerCmd next release, allow user to rename the tab from context menu on the tab.

Thanks,

Paul

Arcade...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2008, 8:28:51 AM9/23/08
to PowerCmd
I'm aware of that feature, but it doesn't really help me as the way I
startup these command prompts generates a long title and I can't
change it. I really need a nicer window management option. The only
thing I can think of is a list of command prompts that I could select
directly from.

Thanxx,

Adam