Does not work with Python

keithb

Aug 22, 2008, 5:55:27 PM8/22/08
to PowerCmd
I just downloaded an eval copy of PowerCmd. The first thing I tried
was running the Python interpreter (v2.5.2), and I couldn't get any
command to work. After entering any line and then hitting enter, it
would put the cursor on a new line, shifted over to the length of the
previous line. Hitting enter again would give me a syntax error.

I tried using ipython, and ran into the same problem. Additionally,
ipython uses different color schemes which get ignored by PowerCmd.

This looks like a useful tool. I can't use it, however, without
support for interactive environments. Let me know if I can help
diagnose this problem further.

Thanks

-keithb

Paul Chang

Sep 15, 2008, 9:22:17 PM9/15/08
to powe...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's yet another known issue. PowerCmd is not well integrated with the interactive command line of python, ruby, and so on.