/ to \ workaround (how to make PowerCmd temporarily NOT convert slash to backslash)

Jesper Rønn-Jensen

Oct 15, 2008, 3:37:15 AM10/15/08
to PowerCmd
Hey there.

I am generally really glad that powercmd converts / to \ for quick and
easy usage in normal situations.

But if i temporarily don't want to convert a slash -- then PowerCmd
should help me more:

I want to write the command
./configure

which was basically impossible. (workaround is to write in a text-
editor and paste it in)

How could PCMD support this?
Well, the "usage pattern" it could recognize in this situation is that
i repeatedly wrote

./ (converted to .\)
deleted /
wrote / (converted to \)

Now if this pattern occurs (frontslash after pressing backspace), then
PCMD could offer me a choice (dropdown) like the ordinary
autocompletion menu.

This way, the rare edge case is supported and relatively easy to
discover.

What do you think?

Jesper Rønn-Jensen / Capgemini Denmark
Tel. +45 3977 8220 / Mob. +45 2373 6220 / Fax +45 7011 2201
www.dk.capgemini.com / Blog http://justaddwater.dk/
jesp...@gmail.com (Private e-mail and Google Talk IM)