Getting market price statistics from game files

John Collins

Dec 28, 2021, 10:48:43 AM12/28/21
to Power TAC support
Md Abu Nayeem asks

"Other than the log tool analyzer do we have another tool to work with datasets for features and predictor classifiers? With the analyzer, I didn't find MCP, bidding price in previous hours for a broker etc. (i.e attributes for Wholesale market bidding predictors)."

By MCP, I assume you mean Market Clearing Price. Is that correct? Have you looked through the example analyzers in powertac-tools/logtool-examples? There's one called MktPriceStats and another called BrokerMktPrices that might have what you are looking for. And it's pretty easy to modify those to get what you want.

I believe the README in logtool-examples explains how to run these. You can also run them across all the games in a tournament using the tools in powertac-tools/python-scripts. A good example of how to do that is in BrokerAccounting.py.

Does this help?

John