Question 4 - Brindle Dachshund

Vargas Library

Feb 17, 2016, 8:47:09 PM2/17/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
I loved this course! It's going to help me so much as a librarian and I can't wait to show my students these tips.

I want to get 100% but I don't understand question 4 of the mid-term. Aren't brindle, brindle dog, or brindle dachshund acceptable answers? I think brindle should suffice. I Googled brindle and it worked!
Message has been deleted

drussell

Feb 18, 2016, 12:06:17 AM2/18/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
Glad you're enjoying the course!

As you know, "brindle" is an noun, so doing a query like [ brindle dachshund] would give you results that are specific to *that* compound noun, and not to the general idea of "brindle."

See the hint for a great suggestion about how to do a great query to solve this little puzzle!

-- Dan

Vargas Library

Feb 18, 2016, 12:23:08 PM2/18/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
Thanks so much, Dan. Now I can get 100% and move on to Advanced Power Searching.

Best regards,
Keryn

palii.n...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 9:46:49 AM2/19/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
Thanks a lot for the hit :)
 I'm to solve this puzzle. I suppose  it'll make me much time - English is not my native language.
Anyhow I enjoyed the course.
Some time ago I was not lucky to pass this course (for the first and the second part of the course have the different dead lines - I've missed the Midcourse deadline... alas). But I was lucky to  jump into the Advanced Power Searching with Google, do all the tasks, and get the Certificate (my Final assessment was about my cat Diesel  - how I learned what breed is he).
Some years passed and in tis new course I'd leaned many new things, for "Google is inventing tevery day the new thing",- as Dan said.
Many thanks for your great job,
                                     Natalia

Antonio FJ

Feb 19, 2016, 1:00:46 PM2/19/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
I'm still unable to guess the question :(

Probably it is due to my non-native English speaker condition, but I understand all question related, even what brindle means (a new word that I learned!) ... I'll try till course deadline.

Anyway I loved the course!

Thank you so much Dan & Google Team!

Jaime Salcedo

Feb 20, 2016, 2:43:48 PM2/20/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
For me, brindle dog is good enough. But this is a multiple choice question, so I selected Images.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ahue...@fz.k12.mo.us

May 31, 2016, 12:14:02 AM5/31/16
to Power Searching with Google Course
I am having the same trouble with question # 4.  I am not being offered a hint and I have tried many different answers.  Where can I get a hint for this answer?
Thanks so much!

Salman Khan

Sep 14, 2020, 8:49:42 AM9/14/20
to Power Searching with Google Course