Two Unexpected

Keith Henson

Jun 20, 2024, 1:56:14 AMJun 20
to Power Satellite Economics
[These have some connection to power satellites. If we get the first,
power satellites are a trivial addition. The second is a way to keep
space launch infrastructure from being trashed.]

I was on a Webnar last night where they were talking about various
ways to cope with climate change. To my surprise, they mention
space-based under radiation management. I have known about that for a
long time, Robert Kennedy's Dyson dots at L2. As I recall, that takes
about 200 million tons. Talk about a big project, 10 million tons a
year off the moon, or an asteroid and hauled out to L2 for 20 years.
If you tried to do it from the Earth, it would take something in the
range of 4 million Starship launches. 160 years at 25,000 flights a
year.

Another piece of news, my patent lawyer told me that the patent office
has allowed my idea of putting TEA in the top of the fuel tank on
LNB/LOX rockets. This way a leak will cause a huge fire rather than
the LOX mixing with the LNG and causing an explosion up to half the
Hiroshima bomb.

It is the fastest I have ever had a patent go through. I think they
have a policy to expedite old geezers like me.

Keith

Bryan Zetlen

Jun 20, 2024, 2:04:04 AMJun 20
to Keith Henson, Power Satellite Economics
Are you ok? I’m not being sarcastic. This is not up to your normal level of discourse.

Keith Henson

Jun 20, 2024, 1:16:31 PMJun 20
to Bryan Zetlen, Power Satellite Economics
Hmm. It was just a report on a couple of minor news items. Can you
be more specific about what in the post is not up to my "normal level
of discourse"?

I will say that friends who are younger than me are dying of dementia

Best wishes,

Keith