Fwd: Important space solar paper

Keith Henson

Dec 24, 2023, 3:42:18 PM12/24/23
to Power Satellite Economics
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paul Jaffe <pja...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 23, 2023 at 5:59 PM
Subject: Important space solar paper
To: Paul Jaffe <pja...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Paul Jaffe <paul....@nri.nevy.mil>, paul....@darpa.mil
<paul....@darpa.mil>

Hi folks,

I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Today I read what I assess to be an important paper that takes a hard
look at some of the challenges facing proposed solar power satellite
architectures. I strongly recommend your having a look. The paper is:

A Power Engineer View on Space Based Solar Power
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/10298124

Thanks,
Paul

侯欣宾

Dec 24, 2023, 6:33:44 PM12/24/23
to hkeithhenson, power-satellite-economics
Thank you.
I agree with you that this is an important paper.
In fact, I find the paper in the proceedings of Europe Space Power Conference. I think it is objective. But the conclusion is subjective.
It is no doubt that there are still lots of challenge to achieve SSP. But it will be fully possible.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Xinbin

---- Replied Message ----
From Keith Henson<hkeith...@gmail.com>