Spam

Keith Henson

Dec 7, 2023, 7:08:34 PM12/7/23
to Power Satellite Economics
Sorry about the spam. The source is not a member of the group,
someone has found a way to post without being a member I guess.

If anyone has an idea of where to report this, please let me know

Keith

John K. Strickland, Jr.

Dec 7, 2023, 9:44:51 PM12/7/23
to Keith Henson, Power Satellite Economics
Usually such spammers pretend to be a member, but most use their own email address.
John S

Cleaver, Gerald

Dec 7, 2023, 10:01:23 PM12/7/23
to John K. Strickland, Jr., Keith Henson, Power Satellite Economics

Webroot runs daily on my Mac. Yesterday and countless times prior it has indicated no threats. Now it shows “Threats detected”. Has anyone else detected virus issues after that spam?

--Gerald

From: power-satell...@googlegroups.com <power-satell...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of John K. Strickland, Jr. <jkst...@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 8:44
PM
To: 'Keith Henson' <hkeith...@gmail.com>, 'Power Satellite Economics' <power-satell...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: RE: Spam

Usually such spammers pretend to be a member, but most use their own email address.
John S

Sorry about the spam.  The source is not a member of the group, someone has found a way to post without being a member I guess.

If anyone has an idea of where to report this, please let me know

Keith

Andrew Beckwith

Dec 8, 2023, 1:59:09 PM12/8/23
to Cleaver, Gerald, John K. Strickland, Jr., Keith Henson, Power Satellite Economics
No issues but I pay over 200 usd per year to remove malware . Called dodging a cyber bullet to the heart

Geoffrey Landis

Dec 18, 2023, 12:39:53 PM12/18/23
to Power Satellite Economics
on the web app for google groups there is a "..." menu in the top right; you can click it and select "report abuse".

Don't know what happens if you do that, but I do it when I see obvious spam.
--G